12.9.05

Media won't be banned from covering carnage of Katrina

Following reports that FEMA - the Federal Emergency Management Agency - was trying to ban the media from showing pictures of dead bodies in the wake of the hurricane Katrina disaster, the agency has stated that it will not try to prevent further press coverage this week.

CNN mounted a legal challenge to the US authorities attempts at censorship and secured a successful outcome at a court hearing on Saturday.

More from CNN HERE
Transcript of CNN lawsuit against FEMA and Michael Brown HERE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't Forget! Martha's new show starts today
No, not The Apprentice, I'm talking about Martha's new daytime cooking/crafts/talk show, Martha.
Blogs are like children. You love them and nuture them and hope that they turn out alright. It appears you have done that with your blog! Great work!

I have a discount golf equipment site. It pretty much covers discount golf equipment related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Derek said...

I honestly must say this is one of the most useful blogs I have ever come across. I am not just saying that to butter you up! I am doing my thesis paper for my master degrees and spent the last 12 hours (and 10 cups of coffee) researching this area topic. So many blogs have generic information but yours is different. I can actually apply some of this information to my works. No worries I will give you credit in my references. I took it upon myself to add you to my favorites and will visit back to let you know how my grade ends up. Many thanks!miniature golf equipment.

All about Golf said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about golf news that covers golf news related stuff. Please feel free to visit.