20.5.04

Slamming cell doors could be the sound of the summer if you buy counterfeit CD's in Greece

Tourists are being warned to beware that they risk being banged-up in jail if they buy cheap pirated CD's to lend song to their summer holidays in Greece.

The Greek authorities are getting tough on copyright. They say they are not making an example but one unsuspecting punter who bought a couple of pirate CDs from a street vendor in Athens is now serving three months in jail. With nearly half the CDs being sold in Greece being pirated, the campaign to clamp down on counterfeits has moved from the vendors to the buyers - a draconian take on the 'caveat emptor' convention.

More HERE
and from IFPI (International Federation of the Phonographic Industries)HERE

1 comment:

job opportunitya said...

Sensational blog. I took pleasure in the site and I
will go back! Surfing online for blogs like this one
is worth my time.
I want you to stop and compare with my blog.